Monday, October 4, 2010

Great Sunday in the Lowcountry

In the search for something to entertain a 1 year old and a 5 year old on a Sunday afternoon, I came across Lowcountry Produce. I’m ashamed to say that although I’ve lived on Hilton Head for 35 years, I have never been to Lowcountry Produce. After visiting this quaint farm/country store, I realized that I had been missing out. We arrived yesterday to find a pumpkin patch, haystacks, hayrides, pony rides, barnyard animals, and the smells of the best hamburgers in the lowcountry. By the way, all of the kid’s activities are free, including the pony rides! The boys had a wonderful time exploring the property. I found myself in the country store; where you can also have a delightful lunch. They offer fresh local produce, homemade sauces, jellies, jams, breads, and pies to mention a few. On top of all of these treats, it’s a family owned and run business with exceptional hospitality. I can’t say enough good things about Lowcountry Produce. They’re located in Lobeco, SC, just outside of Beaufort. Here’s the link

http://lowcountryproduce.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment